Overview[edit | edit source]
In regular singleplayer and multiplayer games, there are 7 different approaches to achieve victory in Northgard. If a player achieves a victory condition in a team game, their whole team is victorious.
Except for the three last ones, each victory type can be activated or deactivated when creating a game.
Once victorious, the title "King of Northgard" is gained.
General Win Conditions[edit | edit source]
The classic approaches to defeat your opponent.
Depending on the map size and the gamemode (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, FFA...), some can be easier or harder to achieve.
Domination[edit | edit source]
The most common path in team duels : Destroy all other players' Town Halls and become the master of Northgard.
Players aiming for this victory will focus on warfare by having a large, powerful and well-sustained Warband. They will attempt to kill their opponent by uncolonizing and plundering their territories until they can access to their Town Hall.
Unlike the other victories, the Domination victory cannot be removed when creating a custom game. Therefore, one must be always ready for an attack.
Fame[edit | edit source]
Gain enough Territory and raise your Fame to obtain the title of King.
Fame Victory focuses on creating a powerful economy by upgrading numerous buildings and colonizing more areas than usual. It is usually faster than wisdom victory and can sometimes be easier to achieve than domination, but it needs a lot of Food, resources and defensive stances.
This victory is more frequent in FFA, 2v2v2 and 2v2v2v2.
Winning Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Areas controlled : 12 (small or medium map) / 14 (large or huge map)
- 1200 Fame gained
- Build the Altar of Kings
NB : Other fame victories can exist. For instance Rig's Saga eighth mission "Contest" sets up a fame victory as a plain 1500 race while Viking's Glory battle requires 1300 and an altar of kings.
Trade[edit | edit source]
Amass the riches of Northgard and become the greatest merchant of the known world.
- The Lighthouse can be built as an extension to a Longship Dock or a Harbor
- This new building extension will allow you to gain access to “Great Trade Routes”
- Great Trade Routes allows to send Kröwns to various locations in exchange for Commercial Influence:
- You cannot build more than 1 Lighthouse, and therefore, you cannot have more than 1 Great Trade Route!
This victory condition focuses on the ability to build a very strong Kröwns economy very quick. It is the fastest path towards victory, but can leaves very vulnerable to full scale military attacks. It is usually done in huge maps, Ragnarök maps, and/or FFA.
Wisdom[edit | edit source]
Discover ancient knowledge and become the wisest clan leader of Northgard.
- The fourth blessing (aka Ancestral Knowledge), is unlocked with the 15th discovered knowledge.
- To be discovered, each knowledge needs a certain amount of Lore higher than the precedent.
This victory condition focuses on the ability to produce a lot of Lore throughout the game. It either can be rushed by building a lot of Carved Stone (but letting you more vulnerable), or be setup as a passive winning method if the games elongates. Anyway, it is the slowest passive win condition.
Special Win Conditions (Special Map Middle)[edit | edit source]
The game allows for an additional "map special" win condition. If activated, one of the three followings will be generated randomly with its related special area at the center of the map. Note that sometimes the central area can instead be a Wyvern or the Relic of the Gods, which are not a win condition by itself but a respective help for Fame Victory and Wisdom victory.
Due to the difficulty of those victories relatively to domination, they are very rare in multiplayer games.
Odin's Sword[edit | edit source]
Protected by Fallen Valkyries, the Anvil of gods awaits in the Magma Flow. Will you dare reforging the legendary Sword of Odin?
To achieve this victory, a player must take control of the area and reforge the three part of the Sword of Odin with a Smith.
- Each part cost 15 Iron to be forged.
- Forging a part always takes 3 months, regardless of any bonus or malus.
- Losing the area does not invalidate already forged parts.
Yggdrasil[edit | edit source]
Find the legendary World Tree, Yggdrasil, and be the first to conquer it.
- Yggdrasil is protected by Fallen Valkyries
- It costs 2000 food to be colonized. In order to store enough food, you have to upgrade 3 food silos.
- Once the colonization started, it still takes several months while you'll have to defend the area until victory.
Gates of Helheim[edit | edit source]
Take control of the Gates of Helheim and defend the area against the Fallen Valkyries.
- The Gates of Helheim are protected by Fallen Valkyries
- It keeps conjuring new Fallen Valkyries each month until closed.
- To close it, you need to keep the area under your control for 8 months straight.
Conquest Victories[edit | edit source]
|Protection||Protect your ally for X years||Defend the Opressed|
|Bifröst||Awake the bifrost before the time runs out||Bifrost|
|Relic of the God||Wisdom victory + controlling the Relic of the Gods||The Wise One|
|Giant Boar||Find and kill a Giant Boar spawned randomly on the map||Greed's Price|
|Giants Killer||Kill X Jötunn and/or Eldthurs||Muspell's Wrath|
|Dragonslayer||Kill three Wyverns||Too Many Wyverns|
|Giants Friend||Befriend the Jötunn before they are killed by another clan||Befriend the Jotnar|