Overview[edit | edit source]
The Clan of the Kraken knows first hand how dangerous the sea can be. They worship the gigantic Creature, fearing it's brutal might, honoring it's instinctual knowledge, and using its powers when he deigns bestow them.
The clan's capacity to thrive is tied to the terrain because of its maluses on non-coastal areas. However, with enough access to shores, kraken benefit from fisheries producing good and stable food income, which can easily be sold against kröwns and lore. Its unique resource, Wyrd, can be scarce at the beginning but will become more abundant as the settlement extend. With high levels of Happiness thanks to the Norns and its military knowledges, kraken will be able to summon in the later stages of the game vast armies that would be eventually reinforced by a Valkyrie and deadly Spectral Warriors.
Starting Bonuses[edit | edit source]
- No commercial Victory. No port. No Lighthouse. Can build Fishery on lake tiles and beaches to assign fishermen.
- +50% colonising and Wood building cost on non coastal zone. -30% Attack Power on non coastal zone.
- Can build Hörgr to assign Norns. Only female vikings can become Norns. Replaces Brewery.
- Norns produce Happiness and Wyrd.
- The Clan of the Kraken starts with 400 Wyrd.
- Wyrd can be used to activate special abilities, or transform Norns into mighty Valkyries
Fame Bonuses[edit | edit source]
- 200 Fame : Future Sight
- 500 Fame : Howl from The Sea Master
Lore Tree[edit | edit source]
Relic[edit | edit source]
Given by Vör, wise and curious, so that no one can hide anything from her, the Edda of Vör :