The Clan of the Kraken knows first hand how dangerous the sea can be. They worship the gigantic Creature, fearing it's brutal might, honoring it's instinctual knowledge, and using its powers when he deigns bestow them.
The clan's capacity to thrive is tied to the terrain because of its maluses on non-coastal areas. However, with enough access to shores, kraken benefit from fisheries producing good and stable food income, which can easily be sold against kröwns and lore. Its unique resource, Wyrd, can be scarce at the beginning but will become more abundant as the settlement extend. With high levels of Happiness thanks to the Norns and its military knowledges, kraken will be able to summon in the later stages of the game vast armies that would be eventually reinforced by a Valkyrie and deadly Spectral Warriors.
- No commercial Victory. No port. No Lighthouse. Can build Fishery on lake tiles and beaches to assign fishermen.
- +50% colonising and Wood building cost on non coastal zone. -30% Attack Power on non coastal zone.
- Can build Hörgr to assign Norns. Only female vikings can become Norns. Replaces Brewery.
- Norns produce Happiness and Wyrd.
- The Clan of the Kraken starts with 400 Wyrd.
- Wyrd can be used to activate special abilities, or transform Norns into mighty Valkyries
- 200 Fame : Future Sight
- You gain 400 Wyrd.
- You are warned of events long before they happen.
- During the attack of the kraken event, your clan is feasting.
- 500 Fame : Howl from The Sea Master
- Each enemy unit killed outside your territory have 30% chance to become Spectral Warriors under your control (max 7).
- Spectral warriors bring unhappiness to the zone controller.
Reduces the amount of Food necessary to colonize one area by 30%.
Permanently increases population growth speed by 25%. You gain an additional 5% during 4 months for each unit from your clan killed by an enemy clan or sacrificed (max +75%).
Fishermen produce 20% more Food. Their tool improvements are free and their forging time is divided by 2.
Shiny Happy People
-20% required Happiness based on your population.
Your units no longer have reduced power during winter.
Increases you civilians' attack power and your Defense Towers' resistance by 30%.
Improves your Warchief's attack and defense by 25%.
Near The Sea Spirit
Generates +1 Kröwns and +1 Wyrd for every 3 buildings on coastal zones.
Reduces your buildings' upgrade costs by 20%.
Reduces Marketplace prices by 50% and stock replenishment is 20% faster.
Given by Vör, wise and curious, so that no one can hide anything from her, the Edda of Vör :
- Allows your Norns to earn Fame, at a rate of 1.2 Fame per month
- Grants 1000 Wyrd once built.