Overview[edit | edit source]
Dragon Essence is a resource unique to the Clan of the Dragon. The amount of Dragon Essence the player has is shown on the Dragon Essence gauge alongside with Dragon Essence bonuses.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Dragon Essence is a central gameplay element of the Dragon Clan, playing a role in Happiness management, the acquisition of military units, and unlocking various economic and military bonuses from the Dragon Essence gauge.
Dragon Essence Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Dragon Essence can be used to unlock various bonuses on the Dragon Essence gauge. Each Fame step will improve the available bonuses and unlock additional parts of the gauge.
The different bonuses that can be unlocked are:
- Nanna’s Influence: +2 Happiness (Thane: +3 / Jarl: +4)
- Andhrimnir’s Influence: +2 Food production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Niorun’s Influence: +2 Wood production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Njörd’s Influence: +2 Kröwns production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Mimir’s Influence: +2 Lore production (Thane: +4 / Jarl: +8)
- Hönir Influence: Your Fame slightly increases over time.
- Idunn’s Influence: Will heal your Dragonkin, wherever they are (unless in combat)
- Magni’s Influence: +10% for your Warband and non-Thrall units (Thane: +15% / Jarl: +20%)
Military Units[edit | edit source]
Happiness[edit | edit source]
If the Dragon Essence gauge runs out of Dragon Essence, not only will the player no longer benefit from any of the bonuses, but there will also be a -10 cost to Happiness, which will persist until the player gets more Dragon Essence.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Dragon Essence can only be acquired by sacrificing units at the Sacrificial Pyre. The amount of Dragon Essence gained per unit differs depending on the type of unit sacrificed:
- Sacrificing a regular (non-Thrall) unit gives +2 Dragon Essence.
- Sacrificing a Thrall gives +3 Dragon Essence.