Commercial Influence is an immune resource, once you have gained a Commercial Influence point, you cannot lose it or spend it in any way.
Great Trade Routes[edit | edit source]
- Discover the 1st Economy Knowledge to unlock Great Trading Routes.
- Bartering (only as Boar Clan).
- Trading with all other Clans.
- Build a Longship Dock (or Harbor as Raven Clan).
- Build a Lighthouse as extension.
Once these steps are done, you can start only one of the Great Trading Routes at a time. You can switch to another Great Trade Route anytime, you can also completely stop Great Trade Routes if you need to. If you run out of Kröwns, Great Trade Routes will automatically stop.
Commercial Influence gained from Great Trade Routes is not increased because of feasts. The only game mechanic that increases Commercial Influence gain is reaching 500 Fame as the Raven Clan, which adds 20% to all Commercial Influence gains.
There are 3 Great Trading Routes that are always available. Additionally, building the Relic of Bragaful adds a 4th trade route. Each trade route requires a certain amount of gold spent, and in exchange you gain Commercial Influence and bonus Happiness as long as the trade route is active. Below is a table with the details of each Great Trade Route:
|Earned||Earned as Raven||Spent||Happiness Bonus||Destination||Notes|
|+20||+24||-60 Kröwns||+9||Only available with Bragaful|
Trade Victory[edit | edit source]
Because this victory condition requires a significant amount of gold spending, which means an economic setback, certain rewards are received for reaching certain Commercial Influence milestones as follows:
|500 Commercial Influence||100 Wood, 100 Food, 50 Lore|
|1,000 Commercial Influence||150 Wood, 150 Food, 5 Iron|
|1,500 Commercial Influence||200 Wood, 200 Food, 20 Stone|
|2,000 Commercial Influence||Becoming "King of Northgard", winning the game.|
Because the amount of Commercial Influence gained from each Great Trade Route is fixed, it is possible to calculate the amount of time and Kröwns needed to achieve Trade Victory with each Great Trade Route, if the great trade route is not changed or stopped:
|Great Trade Route||Months Needed||Spent||Months Needed as Raven||Spent as Raven|
|-5 Kröwns Route||66.66 months||2,000 Kröwns||55.55 months||1,667 Kröwns|
|-20 Kröwns Route||33.33 months||4,000 Kröwns||27.77 months||3,334 Kröwns|
|-40 Kröwns Route||22.22 months||5,334 Kröwns||18.5 months||4,445 Kröwns|
|-60 Kröwns Route (with Bragaful)||16.66 months||6,000 Kröwns||13.88 months||5,000 Kröwns|
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
- You can only build one Lighthouse, and thus start only one Great Trade Route.
- It's considered safe to build your Lighthouse on your Town Hall Tile.
- Being able to loot a Shipwreck can speed up your progress significantly.
- Feasting will not increase the rate of Commercial Influence gained.
- Sailor's Tool-Upgrade will not increase the rate of Commercial Influence gained.
- Keeping a solid Kröwns storage for defending is advised.