||This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help improve this if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "Reworking the table, adding a grid (hyperlink cards)"
This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help improve this
if you can. The Discussion page
may contain suggestions.
Reason: "Reworking the table, adding a grid (hyperlink cards)
In Northgard you have to choose a Clan. It works similar to Factions/Races in other RTS Games.
Each Clan has his own Starting bonus, Fame bonus and a slightly differing Lore tree.
||Starting and Fame Bonuses
||Clan of the Wolf
- Killing Wolves and Brown Bears provide Meat (20 for wolves, 140 for bears)
- Military units eat 30% less food and provide happiness
- 200 Fame (Assault): Your military units gain 15% attack bonus when fighting outside your territory
- 500 Fame (Dominion): Your Berserker can colonize for free (with a cool down)
||Clan of the Stag
- Start with +75 Food, Wood and Kröwns
- Hall of Skalds replaces Brewery and provides additional Fame
- 200 Fame (Supplies): Gain +150 Food, Wood and Kröwns, and +10 Stone
- 500 Fame (Dedication): Upgraded buildings gain additional 10% production bonus
||Clan of the Goat
- Start with 1 Sheep and can build the Sheepfold
- Increases production of bonus of Feasts to 30%
- 200 Fame (Spare Tools): You gain 2 free tools to increase villagers' productivity
- 500 Fame (Team Work): Defense Towers and all Military units gain 20% resistance when feasting. You get 1 free Feast
||Huginn and Muninn
||Clan of the Raven
- Can colonize with Kröwns rather than Food
- Can build a Harbor (replaces Longship Dock) to explore coastal areas and later send mercenaries to attack
- 200 Fame (Recruits): Obtain +3 Villagers, 3 max population and +1 Happiness
- 500 Fame (Mercenaries): You can hire Mercenaries at your Harbor and send them to raid coastal areas
||Clan of the Bear
- Food and Wood penalties are reduced by 30%
- Instead of having reduced power, your military units get 10% resistance bonus during Winter
- Can summon Kaija, The Armored Bear at the Training Camp for 75 food (Cannot enter enemy territory)
- 200 Fame (Kindred Spirit): Having Kaija or a Shield Maiden in an area, increases local production by 15%
- 500 Fame (The Bear Awakens): You gain +3 Fame per enemy unit killed in an area with the Shield Maiden. Your Military units gain 1% power per 100 Fame
||Clan of the Boar
- Mender's Hut replaces Healer's Hut. Mender's produce +1 Lore while not healing
- Each additional territory gives +2 max population
- No Happiness penalties for non-upgraded houses
- 200 Fame (Heritage): 1 free Lore (doesn't count towards Lore Victory or Blessings)
- 500 Fame (Greater Blessings): ~Freya: Blizzard Penalty is hugely reduced (50%) ~ Baldr: +5 Happiness ~Jord: Warchief and upgraded tower get +10% Attack
Note: More clans may be added after the official release of the game!